Counterfeit Cyprus Henry II Gold Coin #1
Click for larger high resolution image (500K)
- Composition: Gold (~22K)
- Weight: 4.11g.
- Diameter: 20mm
- Origin: Uncertain
- Method of Manufacture: Cast using genuine silver "Gros Petit" of Henry II (1285-1324 A.D.) to make the mold.
- No such coin type exists in gold. This is supposed to be a silver coin.
- Mushy detail.
- Rough and lumpy fields.
- No visible flow lines or any other evidence of being struck.
- Edges have been filed to create/exagerrate "flan splits."
- From same mold as Counterfeit Cyprus Henry II Gold Coin #2.
Comments and additional information are welcome. Contact us below.
Contact Us |